Aristocort (Triamcinolone) is a corticosteroid. For effective relief of reducing inflammation and modifying the body's immune system, order Generic Aristocort today and experience better health.
Generic Aristocort may also be marketed as: Triamcinolone, Aristocort.
*Aristocort® is manufactured by Astellas Pharmacuticals.
Generic Aristocort is a steroid. Generic Aristocort prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Generic Aristocort oral (taken by mouth) is used to treat many different conditions such as allergic disorders, skin conditions, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, or breathing disorders.
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results from this medication.
Take this medicine with food to prevent stomach upset.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- problems with your vision;
- swelling, rapid weight gain, feeling short of breath;
- severe depression, unusual thoughts or behavior, seizure (convulsions);
- bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood;
- pancreatitis (severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate);
- low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling); or
- dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).
Less serious side effects may include:
- sleep problems (insomnia), mood changes;
- acne, dry skin, thinning skin, bruising or discoloration;
- slow wound healing;
- increased sweating;
- headache, dizziness, spinning sensation;
- nausea, stomach pain, bloating;
- muscle weakness; or
- changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist);
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Call your doctor for preventive treatment if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles. These conditions can be serious or even fatal in people who are using Generic Aristocort.
Do not receive a "live" vaccine while using triamcinolone. The vaccine may not work as well during this time, and may not fully protect you from disease.
Avoid drinking alcohol while you are taking Generic Aristocort.
Many drugs can interact with Generic Aristocort. Below is just a partial list. Tell your doctor if you are using:
- aspirin (taken on a daily basis or at high doses);
- a diuretic (water pill);
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune);
- insulin or diabetes medications you take by mouth;
- ketoconazole (Nizoral);
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate, Rimactane); or
- seizure medications such as phenytoin (Dilantin) or phenobarbital (Luminal, Solfoton).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Aristocort.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Generic Aristocort should be stored at room temperature, 59-86 degrees F (15-30 degrees C) and protected from heat, and direct light.